Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Saturday July 18, 2009

This is a story about Saturday July 18th even though you see a picture of fall colors! To further explain, last fall Dear Hubby had to go to a training course for leadership back in Austin. Here I was still getting newly aquainted with our Canada home and feeling sorry for myself and homesick for where he was. However the fall colors were peaking and I decided to go explore and photograph the sights.

We discovered a cute little apple orchard and stopped for a short visit.

Don't the babies look so young here?


I had no idea where I was going. I just drove and knew that GPS was handy to help me get back home.


On a totally random country road I spotted this tree and had to take a picture.


I came across these horses and was just amazed and blown away by the serendipity and awesome splendor of the day. It was like God had given me a special gift. I really needed my spirits lifted.

I never really journaled about the experience but it leads to what we did on July 18th. Hubby had a golf event for work. I didn't feel like hanging out at home so decided to find something fun to do.


I took the kids back to the orchard. They loved the little play fort there.



It was a nice way to spend a saturday afternoon.







Dandelion wishes!


We finished with a ginger molasses cookie and.....

a rocky road brownie!!!

I am so glad I went out of my way to get lost last fall. It makes me realize that sometimes you need to get a little lost to get found.


1 comment:

Jana said...

wow its gorgeous out there! what a wonderful memory for you and your babies. God always gives us Himself in such beautiful ways!!