Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Buffalo Baby!

I'm sure you can figure out why you are seeing this first picture. Mmmmm!!!!!

Please forgive me as this is a long post with lots of pictures but I just had to journal our weekend events in Buffalo.


We stopped along the way at out favorite winery for a stretch. It is a really beautiful place.

We ended up having a quick lunch there as well.

Some fun with bubbles. Oh my look at those white chicken legs!


I had to show this cute stream which is by a japanese garden. The grounds at this winery are beautifully landscaped.


Collecting leaves!

A boy's gotta climb!

We finally made it to Buffalo and here are all the kiddos from 4,3,2,1! It was a busy weekend!

More pictures of the crew.

Much of the artwork in the house has been painted by my friend's Mom. I was blown away by this portrait she did when my friend was 16!

On Sunday we went to Genessee village. It was an hour drive from Buffalo. It was a neat working historic village with many interactive experiences.

It was fun to see the old mercantile. I admired the old kitchenware. My son was really hungry and kept asking me to buy a snack at the store! Hah, I don't think they have goldfish here honey!

I was looking at the fabrics and sewing notions and imagining sewing my own clothes. I don't know if I would have been able to do that!

This garden was beautiful!


Lions and Tigers and Longhorns. Oh my!


We had a lovely picnic lunch near this grassy pavillion. The kids had a good time running around.


Picking flowers!


An unexpected summer storm left us on the porch waiting the rain out. Tasting the raindrops!


Monkey see, monkey do!

Going home we had a really long drive because traffic was miserable....it took double the time. Aside from that we had a great time. I'm so glad we could see our dear friends. We have experienced a season of newlyweds to newborns and I hope and pray that our friendship lasts a lifetime whether near or far. We love you guys! Hope we can visit you soon in your new home in Chicago.

2 comments:

Jana said...

what a fun time, thanks for all the great pics there is soo much to look at! Buffalo wings make me so very happy haha. How wonderful to have such good friends!

Jen said...

great photos! love the one of the kiddos running in the field.