Thursday, July 9, 2009

Button bracelet

I should be doing housework, but it will still be there....when I get around to it. I need to be working on a continuing education live stream video course for my professional liscense but am too tired to keep my eyes and thoughts on it for an hour tonight. I ate spoonful of peanut butter and a handful of raw veggies for supper. Hubby working late at a business supper meeting so put a 2 year old and 4 year old to bed as quick as I could despite the protests for Daddy and the regular bedtime routine. Finally some "ME" time and too tired but wanted to post this project I forged ahead with today. A couple days ago on One Pretty Thing I saw this button bracelet project from a site called lillyella. I just got some vintage buttons and the fabulous tin my Mom used to keep them in on my visit to Ohio along with some fabric and other fun sewing notions. As soon as I saw this project I knew I wanted to make one and some as gifts. So here is my first attempt.


The large black button was my first inspiration and I went with a black, white and yellow color scheme. The button on the far left I made with fabric and an old button Mom gave me that was a do it yourself button. I am loving making my own buttons this way and have a few more left and will be buying more. This one is special since it is vintage!

Another shot from a different angle.

One more attempt to show the final outcome. Don't be hatin' cause the shirt doesn't match! I was too excited and wanted to take a pic right away of the finished project. For the record do not ask me how long it took to make this with two toddlers who kept insisting on things like juice and go pee pee in the potty and kisses for boo boos and on and on and on.......

No comments: