Thursday, August 13, 2009

You've come a long way baby!

Here is my Momma on the left. Don't you think Stuntwoman looks like her Grandma? Well today I want to wish my Mommy a very Happy 83rd Birthday!

I love this picture of you as a young adult. I think I see some of me in your face here!


So here goes my best attempt to say "Thanks Mom for all you are and do"! Thanks for sharing your womb with my siblings and me...especially since you were 45 when you had me! Mom, from you I learned about Love, serving and compassion. I love that you hosted an orphan Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve inviting those who were away from or without family into our house at the holidays. I think this is where my love of hostessing stems from.
~
I'm getting all emotional as I write this as it is hard to convey all my Love and admiration for you. I am so glad we get to talk on the phone every day even though we are miles apart. I wish we could be there to sing you Happy Birthday off key and celebrate! I am glad you get to go on your annual Birthday Motorcycle ride with your first born on his Goldwing. Please take pictures!
~
Thanks Mom for teaching me how to cook from scratch, sew, be artistic and crafty, to see the good in others and to have a can do attitude. After I became a Mother and learned what a rough bumpy ride it can be I remember calling you and my Mother in law and Thanking you both for keeping your offspring alive! Seriously it is tough thankless work, feeding, changing and developing little people and keeping them safe to boot. Thanks for your encouragement and stories of some of the less than perfect things you did as a young Mom... it helps me feel a little better about my shortcomings. And Thanks for not judging me when I shared my shortcomings with you!
~
Oh and the grief I put you through in my teenage years, "I'm Sorry!" I wish I could have behaved better. I am sure my children will give me my fair share of the Black Curse! For anyone else reading who has never heard this the Black Curse according to my Mother is to have children just like you, and the Black Black Curse is that you will turn into your Parents. Well the latter ain't such a bad thing. I hope someday to embody all your Grace, kindness, goodness, compassion and wisdom. Thanks for loving me unconditionally and being so supportive and a good listener. I love you so very much and hope you have had a wonderful day!
Sending you lots of Love and Hugs and kisses!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Sweet words for your mom! Yes, I definitely see the resemblence between you and your mom in the 2nd photo!

Looks like lot of travels and fun!

Liz Harrell said...

Lovely post, lovely family photos.

Buckeye Kinfolk said...

Thank you for the lovely tribute. I have tears in my eyes, they are happy tears.

The virtuous woman found in Proverbs 31:10-31 seemed like she should be my role model but I always felt like she did too darn much. How could I measure up to that model? Then when I saw all the wonderful things you children did I finally felt like I did after all. Love, Mom

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

What a sweet, heartfelt post. I love the photos of her too! Very fun. Have a great weekend,
LMM

Brechtje said...

Found your blog via one pretty thing. Love your sweet words about your mommy! You love her very much I think. My mum is a sweety too. Greetings from Holland, Tineke.

Farmgirl Paints said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom. You almost made me cry:)

Thanks for the recent comment on my blog. You are too sweet. I will leave your name in the drawing...you never know God may want to bless you again! If not, I bought the ring at JC Penney's.

Have a great evening.

Dandy said...

What a sweet, sweet post.

And what a pretty mama you have!

Anonymous said...

What great pictures of your mother!

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to pop in again.

theprovidentwoman.com