Monday, August 10, 2009

Whale Watching

Another attempt at a family photo spoiled by sun and uncooperative toddlers!

We got the chance to go whale watching and it was awesome!

We got to see pilot whales which are smaller and in the dolphin family with a similar appearance to dolphins.

I was leery of the boat ride for 2 hours with 2 toddlers given our last train ride but this went very smoothly in comparison. Here is Stuntwoman with the main tour person hanging out having a soul sisterly bonding whale watching moment. The tour guide was so sweet and intentional and took the kids several times to walk around and look for the whales. She wanted to make sure I got to see them too.

This was probably the best shot dear hubby got all in all. He was manning the camera and video while I was manning the kids. A couple times he was in a different area and I wished so badly I had the camera because I could see the whales from my vantage point.

The kids really loved seeing the whales and it was a great experience for sure. I would highly recommend it if you ever get the chance!

1 comment:

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

How wonderful! I actually have a scar on my leg from a Pilot whale. That's right! :-) I was helping out with some whales that beached themselves in the Keys one time. We helped to hold him above water slightly while swimming with him. You just have to move your legs out of the way when they dive with their mouths open! :-)

I've never been whale watching, but it's on my list of things to do.

Kim