Friday, October 16, 2009

Honesty


So recovering from bronchitis has made it hard for me to breathe and get back up to speed with blogging, I should be cleaing my house right now but really can't stand house work.

Dawn from Spontaneous Clapping is the most delightful gal who awarded little ol' me with the Honest Scrap award. The rules are you have to tell 10 honest hings about yourself and credit the person who gave you the award, then pass it along to 9 bloggers who you adore! So here goes. (I wish I could share some pictures for some of these but they are in storage in Texas so just visualize!)

1. I write with my left hand but do everything else with my right hand from eating, hand sewing, using scissors and sports.

2. I used to clog dance from the fourth grade until around the 6th grade when I decided it was no longer cool to do so. I can still shuffle rock step and cut a rug when a fiddle is jamming. (Insert visual of redheaded geek with a dorky pinafore frock and gangly knees!)

3. I used to be a weekend warrior and whitewater kayaked in Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina and West Virginia. (Insert visual of cool chick in kayak going over a small water drop and rapids.)

4. My mother gave birth to me when she was 45 years old! Most people thought she was my Grandma since she had gray hair by the time I was 5 (I probably contributed to the gray hair).

5. I had pre-term issues with my son from 26 weeks (40 is full term) I had to go on “house arrest” per my Dr. stay at home and take it easy until delivery. My son was healthy and arrived 2 weeks earlier than his due date on my Birthday!

6. I am very afraid of heights.

7. My favorite color is green.

8. My favorite fruit is raspberries.

9. My favorite meal is in Austin at Berryhill Baja Grill the #7 combo with a fish taco, seafood enchilada and spinach and corn tamale with black beans and rice. I'm coming back to you soon my love!

10. For my wedding I had henna tattoo done to my hands and feet cause I liked the symbolism and it was fun to fuel my inner wild child (I will share a funny post about this in November for my 7th wedding anniversary!)


And now to pass this along. Many of you whom I adore have already recieved the award but I'll just mention you again along with the rest in no particular order. Feel free to participate or pass no pressure just know that "I love you man!!!!"

Lemonade Makin Mama

Farmgirl Paints

Hawai`i's Bento Box Cookbook, Bentos and More for Kids

My Barefoot Farm

Sugar, spice, and a little bit of life

Mamahood, among other things...

To Everything a Season

Elle Bee in the kitchen with kids

Spontaneous Clapping


5 comments:

Dandy said...

Wow! I'm quite impressed with the henna- very edgy! And the whitewater kayaking and the clogging.. so much good information here!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

The henna thing just got my attention right away. I've always thought that was just gorgeous!

You are so sweet to tag me too! I would do it again, but that could literally take weeks to think of ten different things about myself. You wouldn't think it was so hard, but for some reason, it is!

Blessings girl,
Sash

Susan Yuen said...

Cool, cool, cool tattoo! I love that you have a little bit of an inner wild child! :D Thanks so much for the blog award, you are so awesome. Have a great weekend.

Sam said...

Thanks!!!!
The henna is awesome looking!...and we used whitewater raft the Ocoee River in Tennessee!

Buckeroomama said...

Wow, that henna tattoo is awesome! I had a small one done at a media launch back when I was still "working," and I just didn't want to wash my hands very often after that for fear that it would wash away too quickly!

That is so cool that do whitewater rafting! Whitewater rafting... I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to that.

Thanks so much for the award! :)