Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day - Recycle

Happy Earth Day!
Recently I mentioned my interest in repurposing clothing. Here is a thrift store find for $2.50. I liked the pattern and was thinking it would make cute patches for knees on pants. Upon bringing it home I realized I could try my hand at making a dress for Stuntwoman.

I cut the pants in half and at the inseam used it as the pattern for the arm holes. With a couple seams and some ribbon to tie at the shoulder a new dress for $1.25!

Here is the model with the finished project in action!



I may just turn it into a skirt, but overall am pleased with the ability to create something like this!


One of the things that gave me inspriration for the project was my Sister telling me a quote. "Fix it up, wear it out, make it work or do without"! I think in this economy it is good to have a mindset not to be wasteful and really think about "How can I use this?" or "Do I really need this?"


No comments: