Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sew clever

I found these adorable sweats for Stuntwoman at an upscale kids boutique here called the Little Red Hen!

Had you going for a second! That is my early April Fools joke I guess. Actually I have become inspired to re-purpose clothing for more wear. Here is one of the projects I've completed recently.

The sweatshirt had a stain and was outgrown, options were pitch or re-use! Pants were worn by older sibling and had seen better days (also not very girly). Inspiration: See previous bean bag project.

I traced out two hearts and cut them out. You can just barely see the stain on the shirt, blech!

Here is the finished project! Not a bad outcome. I am quite pleased with the results and would like to add a heart to the backside - if I find the time! Also I think a shirt with a heart from same fabric would make a kitchsy, boutique looking get -up and all from recycled fabrics!!! Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

Jen said...

very awesome! i could use a seamstress of your talent here in the carlson house! we can't wait for you to return to austin.